Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Not forgotten



Happy New Year!!!


I'm sorry I have been neglecting my blog, I have been soooo busy time has flown by.


Firstly let me tel you about my January rosta..... Ive been flying allot this month its been good fun but tiring. My first flight was Melbourne with 25hr layover, its a night flight both ways so your body clock is out of rhythm for a while after. I first had a wee nap then went on the circle line tram which is a free tram around the city.


This was great it really helps you get your bearings. Then in the afternoon my second cousin came and picked me up and took me out for coffee at the beach end of town, St Kilda. St Kilda is beautiful I would highly recommend everyone to go, even if its just to chill on the beach. My next trip was 30hrs Brussels. I have never been to Brussels and was amazed at how little I had heard about it. When we walked into town I was taking photos at every corner its such a lovely city! The buildings are really pretty and the snow made it look magical. A few of the crew went out for mussels, We were served the biggest pot of mussels I have ever seen it was great tehe.





After Brussels I was off to Dublin (30hrs) for a Friday night. 5mins before I left to get the transport my mum told me she had just booked a flight to Dublin to come see me!!! I was v v excited, she stayed in the hotel with me. We went out to a lovely little Italian restaurant near the hotel then got a bottle of bacardi and juice and went back to the hotel room to catch up. It was great fun, we talked weddings for most of the time tehe. The next week I was off to Sydney (30hrs) again (I was there in December), the last time I was there I was a proper tourist and did all the sights so this time I just chilled out during the day then went and met my friend Nicola who has been traveling in OZ for over a year. We went up to Kings cross and sat in the window of a Cuban cafe and had a couple bottles of vino. I haven't seen Nicola for 2 years so it was great to catch up on all the gossip. Kings cross is so much cheaper than the area our hotel is in, I will def be going back there next time! I was meant to go to Geneva last Friday but I was on Standby the day before and I got called to go 48hr Minsk! I had such a great crew on this flight we all got on well from the beginning and the flight over only had 30 people so we had allot of time to get to know each other. It had been the first officers bday the day before so we all met for dinner that night and ended up in the club inside the hotel. The next day we ventured out into the snow for a walk to the mall then relaxed for the rest of the day. We get free internet in the rooms so I was busy looking at honeymoon destinations haha. So that was my month very busy!


This month I have got a 9 day trip to Singapore and Brisbane then a 4 day trip to Joburg.


As well as all of that we have moved into our new house! We have painted it ourselves and now I'm in the middle of cleaning everything! The kitchen is done so we went to Ikea and filled the trolley with everything haha we couldn't see over it, v funny! I am v tired and need a chillout day so after our new fridge has been delivered this morning I'm going to sit by the pool and read. Then back to cleaning tomorrow. Weve got friends coming round on Sat so need to be finished for then. Ive got a night turnaround Thursday night but other that that im off until Monday standby.

Rod took me to see Blood Brothers in the Madinat theatre last night, it was really good They are on untill the 6th I recommend you all to go. We went to the meat co for dinner before it, its our favorite.


Thats you all caught up! I will let you know how Singapore and Brisbane went. Take care



No comments:

Post a Comment