Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Suppie Flights

I am now operating crew!! I cant believe it! My suppie flights were a turnaround to Athens and a layover in Dhaka. The Athens flight went well the flight time was 4 1/2 ish hrs on the way there we only had 40 something pax but on the way back we were full. The flight has our new inspired service (which is the only service iam trained in) on board so we were kept busy the whole time. In fact on the way back we struggled to finish in time! The Dhaka flight was shorter than the Athens but its a layover tehe. The flight has the old service which is v quick so for me there was too much sitting about and the time went v v slowly! The hotel we use in Dhaka is really nice so it was straight to bed when we got there as it was 6am. I woke up around 12 ish and met some of the others for lunch then me and one of the other girls went to the bazar. We went on the hotel transport which I would recommend but if possible try and get the driver to walk with you in the bazar. We didnt do this and we were hassled from the minute we arrived. We didnt really enjoy the bazar as they tried to rip us off at every stall. Sometime the prices we were being quoted were more expensive than the shops!! I did buy a couple of things after the price came down from 12000 to 1300!! The driver told us we still paid too much but by that time we just wanted to go and the price we got is still cheap compared to UAE or UK. Next time we have been told to go to the college market as this is more relaxed and honest!

My rosta has changed allot this month so I have been checking everyday! I was called off standby to go to Damascus on Sat, this was a turnaround and my first operating flight!! I was given the position of duty free, the crew were nice and helped me but no one wanted anything. I am going to Munich tomorrow with 15hrs layover then Sydney on Sun with 30hrs layover. Im really excited about Sydney, Ive never been to OZ and a couple of my batch mates are there at same time so it should be a good laugh.

I have xmas day off so were trying to arrange a lunch somewhere. I hope everyone has a great festive season x.

No comments:

Post a Comment