Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Finished safety training

I really am in shock about how quick the last few weeks have been. We have finished our safety training and have moved on to security then on Sunday we start first aid. For all the safety exams the whole batch got over 90% which is fabi! My lowest mark was 97% so I'm mega chuft with myself tehe. I will be having a few beverages at the weekend to congratulate myself!! I should be studying now for security tomorrow but I thought Id write a quick entry first.

We had an aircraft visit yesterday on the a320 and I came out with an injured thumb!! We were all opening the stretcher hatch but it was really stiff so on my turn we were wiggling the latch and the hatch when the hatch opened on top of my thumb and went straight through my nail. Now I'm not a baby when it comes to these things but it was bloody sore so there was a few sweary words! I think I might loose my nail which I'm not overly happy about, funnily enough! Fingers crossed it didn't break the all the way across and it keeps growing. It would look a bit silly when Ive got red nail polish on the rest and no nail on my thumb tehe.

Rod came down for dinner last night as my flat mate is away we had the house to ourselves so I made tiger prawns with garlic & wine sauce. I had a few glasses of wine to celebrate passing the last safety exam so I was a wee bitty tired today (early night tonight). Were both getting really excited about next weeks trip to Bab al Shams (my 30th prezie), I keep reading the website it looks amazing. Only 2wks till my bday I get far too excited just like a child haha.

1 comment:

  1. Ouch! Sadly it won't be the last injury you get as cabin crew, hehe I have lost count of the bruises from people's elbows sticking in the aisle and the tiny burns from ovens :P All in the fun of the job!

    Sounds like great plans for your bday, have a great time! :)

    ReplyDelete